Le Jardin is passionate about the children and families we serve; our employees must have a heart for what we do to help our local community. All positions require integrity, respect, professionalism, a strong work-ethic and devotion to the neediest children and families of Homestead and Florida City. If you feel that you have what it takes to empower our children and families through education, please follow the link to our ADP Portal and apply!
Le jardin is an Equal Opportunity Employer; bilingual (English/Spanish/Creole) candidates are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of Working with Le Jardin
Le Jardin offers excellent benefits for our team members!
- PTO: Full time employees are eligible to begin accruing Paid Time Off (PTO) after 6 months of being a full time employee. The scheduled rate of accrual is located in our Policies and Procedures, however for new employees the rate is currently 3.7 hours accrued per paycheck, which equates to approximately 80 hours (10 days) in a year for staff with summer break off, or 96 hours (12 days) in a year for staff who work year-round. After an employee has been with Le Jardin for 6 years the amount of PTO accrued increases with the employee's longevity based on the schedule in the Policies and Procedures.
- Paid Holidays: Full time employees are eligible for paid holidays immediately so long as the employee has paid hours the day before and the day after the holiday. Le Jardin offers 10 paid holidays which include: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. More information is located in our Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Medical Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for medical benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. Medical Insurance is extremely affordable because Le Jardin contributes over $300 per month towards the cost of the plan for each employee! After 6 years of working with Le Jardin, employees are eligible for FREE medical insurance on the base plan!
- Dental Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for dental benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. Dental Insurance is extremely affordable!
- Vision Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for vision benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. Vision Insurance is extremely affordable!
- Life Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for life insurance benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. Le Jardin pays for each full time employee to have $25,000 of life insurance for themselves at no cost to the employee! In case an employee would like to purchase additional life insurance for themselves, spouse, or child, the rates are affordable.
- Gap Insurance: Full time employees are eligible for Gap insurance benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. If an employee would like additional insurance to cover the cost of their deductible or certain other expenses, they have the ability to purchase gap insurance to help with those unanticipated medical costs. Gap insurance is paired with specific medical plan options offered by Le Jardin.
- HSA: Full time employees are eligible for Health Savings Account (HSA) benefits on the first day of the month following 60 days as a full-time employee. An HSA allows employees to put money from their paycheck into a special Health Savings Account on a pre-tax basis that they can use for any health or wellness-related cost. The HSA is the employee's own money deposited into an actual checking account (used via debit card) that the employee will never lose and can always take with them. The HSA is paired with specific medical plan options offered by Le Jardin.
- Retirement: Full time employees are eligible for the 401(k) Retirement Plan the first day of the month following 1 year of service if they are at least 21 years old. Le Jardin contributes a remarkable 7% on top of the employees regular salary towards their retirement plan. Although employees are encouraged to contribute towards their own retirement goals, employees are not required to contribute anything in order to receive this 7%! The employee meets with a financial advisor to determine the best way to invest their retirement plan in order to meet their individual retirement goals.
Le Jardin Community Center is a Drug-Free Workplace
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires Le Jardin Community Center, as a federally funded facility and grant recipient, to certify that it will provide a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment on such contracts and grants, employees will abide by the terms of this statement and notify Le Jardin Community Center of any criminal drug statute conviction not later than five days after such conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use, or sale in the workplace of a controlled substance, as defined by state or federal law, is prohibited. Le Jardin Community Center will not condone criminal activity on its property, or on property under its direct control, and will take appropriate personnel action up to and including termination or required participation in a drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.