Career Opportunities for
Head Start, Early Head Start and VPK
Le Jardin is passionate about the children and families we serve; our employees must have a heart for what we do to help our local community. All positions require integrity, respect, professionalism, a strong work-ethic and devotion to the neediest children and families of Homestead and Florida City. If you feel that you have what is takes to work for this nonprofit please view the available positions, complete an application and send your credentials to the email provided.
Opportunities to Join our Family
- Administrative Assistant: High School and professional office experience, strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, exceptional English grammar skills both orally and in writing.
- Health and Nutrition Facilitator: High School or GED, and some college coursework.
- Family Worker Coordinator/ERSEA: Bachelors Degree in family Services or related field, 3 years of social service experience.
- Family Worker: Bachelors degree in family services or related field.
- Head Start Teacher Assistant: NCDA Preschool; AA in Early Childhood preferred or AA in another field and 18 EEC college credits. Minimum of 45 hours FDCF training must be completed including the corresponding exams, Ability to lift children and objects up to 40 lbs., VPK Standards for Four Year Olds, Emergent Literacy for VPK Instructors, Language and Literacy in the VPK Classroom, How to Administer the VPK Standards, VPK Assessment Instructional Implications, Integrating the Standards: Phonological Awareness, and other required training.
- Cook Aide/Classroom Aide Substitute: High School or GED. Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift children or objects up to 40 lbs. Must acquire 45 DCF hours and corresponding exams.
This is not an online application, you must email or bring in your application and resume to be considered for employment.
Le Jardin Community Center is a Drug-Free Workplace
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires Le Jardin Community Center, as a federally funded facility and grant recipient, to certify that it will provide a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment on such contracts and grants, employees will abide by the terms of this statement and notify Le Jardin Community Center of any criminal drug statute conviction not later than five days after such conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use, or sale in the workplace of a controlled substance, as defined by state or federal law, is prohibited. Le Jardin Community Center will not condone criminal activity on its property, or on property under its direct control, and will take appropriate personnel action up to and including termination or required participation in a drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.