Career Opportunities for
Head Start, Early Head Start and VPK
Le Jardin is passionate about the children and families we serve; our employees must have a heart for what we do to help our local community. All positions require integrity, respect, professionalism, a strong work-ethic and devotion to the neediest children and families of Homestead and Florida City. If you feel that you have what is takes to work for this nonprofit please view the available positions, complete an application and send your credentials to the email provided.
Opportunities to Join our Family
- Early Head Start Teacher: A minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) credential or comparable credential, and have been trained or have equivalent coursework in early childhood development with a focus on infant and toddler development, or higher. 45 hours FDCF training must be completed including the corresponding exams. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing. Intermediate computer skills, internet and e-mail. Ability to lift children and objects up to 40 lbs. Able to stand and sit for extended periods.
- Family Worker: Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services, family services, counseling or a related field or will acquire certification in the listed fields within 18 months of hire. Experience in a social service, educational or child care setting. Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Able to stand and sit for extended periods of time. Able to lift 40 pounds.
- Education Floater (Part-Time): FCCPC and will acquire a National CDA in Infant/Toddler within eighteen (18) months. 45 hours DCF training hours including the corresponding exams, started within 90 days and completed within 1 year. Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing. Intermediate computer skills, internet and e-mail. Ability to lift children and objects up to 40 lbs. Able to stand and sit for extended periods.
- Accountant : A BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field preferred; AA/AS in Accounting or related field may apply with accounting experience. Working knowledge of Abila and Head Start Enterprise System desirable. Three years of experience in a professional office environment. Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be able to effectively communicate information and ideas both orally and in writing. Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Curriculum Specialists: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or relevant field with 18 Early Childhood Education credits. 45 FDCF hours including the exams as required by funding streams. Experience teaching infants and toddlers and/or preschool-age children. Experience or education in the fields of leadership, management or supervision. Must acquire a Director's/Administrator Credential within 1 year of starting position and keep credential valid and current. Must acquire CLASS certification. Thorough knowledge of supervisory principles and practices and the capacity to exercise good judgment. Knowledge, experience or the capacity to learn the HighScope and/or Creative Curriculum, Florida State Standards, and the Galileo Assessment of Learning preferred. Head Start and/or Early Head Start experience strongly preferred. Ability to stand and sit for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Cook Aide/Classroom Aides: 45-hour Department of Children and Families mandated training (enroll within 90 day of hire; complete within one year) to include. Early Literacy (0-3 EHS) and Emergent Literary (0-5 – HS). Credential in School Readiness and VPK (enroll within 90 day of hire; complete within one year). Emergent Literacy, Standards for Four Year Olds, Language and Vocabulary, How to Administer the VPK Assessments. Integrating the Standards: Phonological Awareness, and VPK Assessment: Instructional Implications. Enroll and pass the Serving Safe Food in Child Care Centers coursework. Maintain in-service hours to meet the DCF requirements. Dependability.
- Custodians (Part-Time): Ability to follow instructions in English. Ability to read English labels and instructions on solvents and cleaning materials. Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 20 pounds.
This is not an online application, you must email or bring in your application and resume to be considered for employment.
Le Jardin Community Center is a Drug-Free Workplace
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires Le Jardin Community Center, as a federally funded facility and grant recipient, to certify that it will provide a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment on such contracts and grants, employees will abide by the terms of this statement and notify Le Jardin Community Center of any criminal drug statute conviction not later than five days after such conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use, or sale in the workplace of a controlled substance, as defined by state or federal law, is prohibited. Le Jardin Community Center will not condone criminal activity on its property, or on property under its direct control, and will take appropriate personnel action up to and including termination or required participation in a drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.