Career Opportunities for
Head Start, Early Head Start and VPK
Le Jardin is passionate about the children and families we serve; our employees must have a heart for what we do to help our local community. All positions require integrity, respect, professionalism, a strong work-ethic and devotion to the neediest children and families of Homestead and Florida City. If you feel that you have what is takes to work for this nonprofit please view the available positions, complete an application and send your credentials to the email provided.
Opportunities to Join our Family
- Education Floaters (Part-Time): FCCPC and 45 hours
- Licensed Registered Dietitian: Active license and required education to maintain license
- Curriculum Specialist: Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, or may have Bachelors in a different field with 18 Early Childhood Education credits, Experience teaching preschool-age children, 45 FDCF hours including the exams with VPK Standards for Four Year Olds, Emergent Literacy for VPK Instructors, Language and Literacy in the VPK Classroom, How to Administer the VPK Standards, VPK Assessment Instructional Implications, Integrating the standards: Phonological Awareness, and others as required by funding streams, Must acquire a Director's/Administrator Credential within 1 year of starting the position, and keep credential valid and current, and must have thorough knowledge of supervisory principles and practices and exercise good judgment
- Head Start Teacher : BA/BS in Early Childhood Education preferred or BA/BS in a related field with 18 early childhood credits and experience teaching preschool age children, Minimum of 45 hours FDCF training must be completed including the corresponding exams, Ability to lift children and objects up to 40 lbs., VPK Standards for Four Year Olds, Emergent Literacy for VPK Instructors, Language and Literacy in the VPK Classroom, How to Administer the VPK Standards, VPK Assessment Instructional Implications, Integrating the Standards: Phonological Awareness, and other required training.
- Head Start Teacher Assistant: Must have a National CDA in Preschool; AA/AS degree in Early Childhood Education or 18 credit hours in Early Childhood Education supersede the requirement for a National CDA. Minimum of 45 hours FDCF training must be completed including the corresponding exams. Ability to lift children and objects up to 40 lbs. Obtain VPK training within the first year of employment in Standards for Four Year Olds, Assessments, English Language Learners, Language and Vocabulary, Emergent Literacy and other VPK training that is suggested.
This is not an online application, you must email or bring in your application and resume to be considered for employment.
Le Jardin Community Center is a Drug-Free Workplace
The Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988 requires Le Jardin Community Center, as a federally funded facility and grant recipient, to certify that it will provide a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment on such contracts and grants, employees will abide by the terms of this statement and notify Le Jardin Community Center of any criminal drug statute conviction not later than five days after such conviction for a violation occurring in the workplace. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession, use, or sale in the workplace of a controlled substance, as defined by state or federal law, is prohibited. Le Jardin Community Center will not condone criminal activity on its property, or on property under its direct control, and will take appropriate personnel action up to and including termination or required participation in a drug abuse assistance or rehabilitation program.